International Babywearing Week is an annual outreach event sponsored by Babywearing International. It is a week-long opportunity to celebrate, promote, advocate for, and focus media attention on the many benefits of babywearing. We invite non-profit babywearing groups around the world to participate in IBW by registering as Official Celebrating Organizations. These organizations will host online and in-person events throughout the week. Babywearing International will promote IBW through its website, twitter, and Facebook accounts with contests, awards, giveaways, and other interactive events.
We invite all babywearers to celebrate International Babywearing Week with us from December 16-20, 2019.
The theme for IBW 2019 is Best Seat in the House. Join us during the week of December 16th to celebrate, educate, and advocate. All babywearers are welcome to join the celebrations. Here are a few ways to get involved:
Register as a Celebrating Organization
Non-profit educational groups and organizations are welcome to register as “Official Celebrating Organizations.” To sign up, please fill out this form! The full list of Celebrating Organizations will be published during IBW.
Join Us Online
Lots of IBW activities will be taking place online this year. Join the IBW Facebook Group and “like” the IBW Facebook Page to stay up to date, share your group’s activities, and participate in a fun social media party (with lots of prizes!) during IBW. The IBW hashtag for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram is #IBW2019.
Complete an Awards Nomination
Know someone who is an outstanding babywearing advocate and educator? Complete a nomination form and help us acknowledge those who are our best allies and advocates. Click here to complete the nomination form.
2019 awards include:
- The Jennifer Rosenberg Babywearing Advocate of the Year Award
- The Vijay Owens Babywearing Advocacy Award for Lifetime Achievement in Promoting Babywearing
- Best Babywearing Outreach Program (Vendor or Business)
- Best Babywearing Outreach Event or Program (Non-profit or Individual)
- Best Blog or Website Maintained by a BWI Chapter
- BWI Outstanding Educators
- BWI Outstanding Supporter
Be a Babywearing Advocate
- Update your social media profile and show your support by using our official Twibbon Facebook profile filter.
- Share IBW news releases with your local news outlets.